It all started in late 2001 when a handful youths of Hatsingimari consecrated themselves to a greater goal to serve the society. And so the dream of their benevolence incarnated as ‘North East Zone Welfare Development Society’. The main thrust of North East Zone Welfare Development Society is to develop the backward rural areas and women’s empowerment.
- To work for all the development of rural and remote areas.
- To empower rural woman and women’s participation in the decision making programme.
- To generate awareness among the rural masses and various aspects –education, health and hygiene mother and child care.
- To work for promotion and development of livestock department.
- To work for organizing rural youth and motivate them for self-employment in different trades, improve agricultural method for farming.
- To work for awareness of Health and Family welfare Development programmes of Govt. promotion of indigenous system of medicine and treatment.
- To keep networking with various Government and non- Governmental agencies and socio economic development as well as health care support.
The area of operation of North East Zone Welfare Development Society select the remote areas North East Region State and presently in the District of Kamrup , Goalpara, Dhubri and West Garo Hills of Meghalaya.
North East Zone Welfare Development Society facilite, strength the rural and backward classes people to empowered by building their capacity, developed their skills in respect of alternative livelihood opportunities, health support services, educational support services.