The North East Zone Welfare Development Society (NEZWDS), Non-Governmental Organization that came into existence in 2001, dedicated to the cast of social justice and socio-economic development of rural masses in the remote areas of North East. The North East Zone Welfare Development Society( NEZWDS) has created an impact in the people of remote area to participate in progressing rural India as envisaged by the father of nation Mahatma Gandhi ji , North East zone Welfare Development Society believes in participation in its various activities and programmes , during the last thirteen years of its existence it has been making various fruitful efforts for making the rural masses self reliant through income generating activities, thus bringing the socio economic transformation.
- To work for all the development of rural and remote areas.
- To empower rural woman and women’s participation in the decision making programme.
- To generate awareness among the rural masses and various aspects i.e. education, health and hygiene mother and child care.
- To work for promotion and development of livestock.
- To work for organizing rural youth and motivate them for self-employment in different trades, improve agricultural method for farming.
- To work for awareness of Health and Family welfare Development programmes of Govt. promotion of indigenous system of medicine and treatment.
- To keep networking with various Government and non-Governmental agencies and socio economic development as well as health care support.
The main thrust of North East Zone Welfare Development Society is to develop the backward rural areas and women’s empowerment.